Kids are not born with a sense of humor. Humor must be something that is perfected over time.
Lessons in kids with no humor:
- 3 year olds are not amused when a parent hides in their closet to throw ice cold water on them.
- 4 year olds will declare themselves a Vegan when a parent drives by a cow pasture and points out the hamburgers.
- Shorting sheets does not work on those under 4 feet tall.
- Putting a fake spider in the bathtub will result in a boycott of bath time.
- Replacing their bowl of vanilla ice cream with sour cream does not cause laughter but puking.
- Putting an ice cube in a diaper loses the shock factor when the wetness is just absorbed.
- Finding a perfect hiding spot is not recommended when playing with children under 3. This has a tendency to bring back all the separation anxiety.
- When working in the kitchen, do not coat hand with ketchup and begin screaming. Children under 5 do not appreciate gory humor.
- Putting Vaseline on the seat of a toilet does not encourage a toddler to potty train as they continually slide off into the floor.
- Teaching “knock knock” jokes is impossible when one has the attention span of a gnat and drools constantly.
What has proved to you that kids have no sense of humor?