We have all had those moments when we feel like we are talking to a brick wall (and wanting to beat our heads into one) and nothing we are saying is being heard.
I recently had the opportunity to interview Mr. Brick Wall and talk about some of the conversations he has participated in.
- Would you turn that TV off and pick up your toys, socks, etc. up off the floor.
- But green beans are good for you.
- No honey, I don’t think a 87 inch TV will benefit the household.
- Please don’t throw a fit in the middle of the store because you are tired or want a cookie.
- Quit touching, kicking, biting, spitting, etc. on your sibling.
- Does this dress make my butt look big?
- I don’t care if everyone else has a Mohawk, tattoo and nose piercing. You are in Kindergarten.
- Try telling me at least a week before you needs a project finished for school next time.
- But you said if I let you have a dog that YOU would feed, water, walk and clean up after it.
- Give me 5 minutes alone to go to the bathroom, make a phone call, etc.
What conversations would your brick wall tell you about?