* 3 cups warm water
* 3 tablespoons active dry yeast
* 3 teaspoons salt
* 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 8 cups bread flour
1. In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, salt, oil, sugar, and 4 cups flour. Mix thoroughly, and let sponge rise until doubled in size.
2. Gradually add about 4 cups flour, kneading until smooth. Place dough in a greased bowl, and turn several times to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled.
3. Punch down the dough, let it rest a few minutes. Divide dough into three equal parts. Shape into loaves, and place in three 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch greased bread pans. Let rise until almost doubled.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes. The loaves may need to be covered for the last few minutes with foil to prevent excess browning.
Categories: homemade bread, vlog
You are awesome with that bread! I never knew that warm water meant 105-110 degrees, that might be one of my problems. And I kneed to find out what the difference is between all-purpose and bread flour.I was at the store yesterday and I forgot to get heavy whipping cream to make butter in the bread-maker! So bummed.Next time you make bread, you can always make fried dough with the last 1/3 of dough ;)Thanks so much for the video tutorial, you rock!
I haven't made bread in a long while. Good for you. I would like to learn to make crackers. My kids seem to eat a lot of them. Bagels too.