So back to the weekend in which I went dark and promised to tell what we did…
With all that had been going on with getting the house ready for selling, getting it on the market, looking for a new stompin’ ground, Christmas preparations, etc. The Man and I realized that we had gotten too busy with life and were not living life. We decided to cut ourselves off from outside distractions and get back to the basics of enjoying our little family before more chaos enters it.
I made some sugar cookies (you can see some pictures from that about 3 entries ago) and let me tell ya…I am no baker. I can grill, fry, saute’ broil, roast, but somehow my inner Betty Crocker is either illiterate in reading recipes or I may actually have a *gasp* shortcoming (sayitisn’tso) The fortunate thing with these cookies were they were so hard that the little ones had no problem handling them to apply their artisitc icing decorations. Not a single cookie broke, although I think one may have chipped a couple of teeth and the tile on the floor.
Not to be outdone by that failure, I brought it upon myself to tackle a homemade cake. Well…to be honest, I settled for a box of mix and a can of frosting. Baby steps, baby steps. I did, however, make it at home…thus, it IS homemade. This was a much more successful attempt in my Betty Crocker Cooking for Dummies lessons and after a wonderful dinner, we sat down to enjoy the cake. The girls saw cake and demanded birthday candles. Then they cried for the birthday song. I have no idea whose birthday we were celebrating, but the adoration shining in their eyes for the baker mom with trick “no-blow-out” candles was A.W.E.S.O.M.E! I think we are going to have to schedule a official “Non-birthday” party once a month. It sure did the soul good.
We spent most of the days and nights of the weekend with every fuzzy blanket and every fluffy pillow we own piled in the living room in front of the fireplace. There was non-stop movies and the hot chocolate flowed as freely as the love. It was a wonderful time of relaxation and reconnection.
This week has proved itself to be a hectic, running face first into a brick wall start. The schedule for the rest of the week is as follows (God willing and the creek don’t rise or the babe gets birthed)
- Wednesday – OB appointment to follow up on contractions/dilation/whatevertheheckisgoingon. Christmas present wrapping and cake baking.
- Thursday – Bug’s 4th birthday party at home with MORE CAKE and present time.
- Friday – another OB appointment to follow up on Wednesday’s appointment and see where we stand. Dentist appointment for both girls (I would rather have my teeth pulled personally) Bake bread and deliver it to our two elderly neighbors who keep us supplied in tomatoes and good advice.
- Saturday – shopping with Mimi for the 4yr olds birthday and probably 10 rounds on the merry-go-round per Buzz’s request.
- Sunday – church and visit with Pops and Nana for Buzz’s birthday
Until we meet again…Toodles!